Big Rain


Wow! Over two inches of rain in 24 hours...pretty wild for high and dry Denver. My tulips weathered the storm well, as you can see from this photo.


I worked in my gardens this past Sunday and finished cleaning the last of the fall leaf debris from the flower beds, transplanted an ornamental grass and a rose, and planted some new things, too. I've held off trying Hesperaloe parviflora (Texas red yucca) for several years, waiting to see if it was truly hardy for our area. I hope it will do well in my dry, sandy soil. I've also been wanting to add Penstemon pinifolius 'Shades of Mango,' the multi-colored yellow/orange pine-leaf pensetmon. I've planted it with an English lavender for some mid-summer color punch. I plan to add more shrubs and perennials in the next few weeks---there's always something new to try!

garden share bristol. Powered by Blogger.