Fast, Cheap n' Easy

· Posted in , ,

Last week I posted photos of some winter/holiday planters that appealed to me. This week I played off that idea to dress up some pots of my own. I used cuttings from my own garden, and it took about 20 minutes, tops.

I started with a container full of soil, covered the soil with pine cones, then stuck the cut branches down into the soil.

I included red stem dogwood (Cornus sericea) for the - yes - red stems; the glossy, dark green leaves and blue berries of creeping Oregon grape holly (Mahonia repens); and sarcoxie euonymus (Euonymus fortunei 'Sarcoxie') provided the lighter green, trailing branches.
Here is a smaller scale version, sans the dogwood.




Are you decorating with goods from your garden? What are your favorites?

garden share bristol. Powered by Blogger.