School Gardens Update February

· Posted in

Hi there,

Ah, Spring! While my grammar teachers have taught me that the season shouldn't be capitalized I think it deserves the honour. While yes, of course I realize that it's only February, and Spring doesn't officially begin until March 21st, you've got to admit it feels like Spring has reached Vancouver (and I'm banking on "it's here to stay"). Regardless, we're forging ahead with our School Gardens to make sure they're ready for seeding before too long.

Most recently students from one of our participating schools made the trip to their neighbouring highschool's woodshop to construct their wooden planter beds. Made of untreated red cedar these beds will last without leaching harmful chemicals into the garden soil.

Here they are. A great beginning to the garden adventure.



- Marnie

garden share bristol. Powered by Blogger.